Cart2Quote front-end workflow
This section describes how a quotation is processed by a customer in the front-end.
A quotation can be requested by the customer in the front-end. The customer first selects a product and clicks ‘Add to Quote’.
When the customer has all products added to the quotation, the customer clicks ‘View and edit quote’. This menu appears when the customer clicks on the quote icon on the top right of the page.
On the quotation page, the customer can alter the number of items and add a remark. The customer then clicks ‘Request Quote’. Now a quote request is made and it will be sent to the shop admin.
The customer can respond to a quote proposal directly via the quote proposal email or via his customer dashboard. The customer selects ‘My quotes’ to have an overview of all his quotations. When the customer clicks ‘View quote’, he is able to see the proposal.
The customer is now able to see the quotation and go to the checkout.
The quotation with the custom prices is copied to the shopping cart. The checkout process now follows the default store settings.
Cart2Quote backend workflow
A quotation can just as easy be created in the backend. The shop admin clicks on Sales->Quotations.
On the top right of the page the shop admin clicks ‘Create New Quote’
The shop admin continues by selecting a customer or creating a new customer.
The shop admin selects the product he wants to add to the quotation with the button ‘Add Products’ After selecting all products and the shipping method, the shop admin clicks ‘Create Quote’. A quote is now created, but the customer is not yet notified.
On the quote page, the shop admin can alter the price and quantities and update these.
When the Shop Admin has made al necessary changes to the quotation, he can press ‘Submit quote’. The quote proposal will then be sent to the customer.
The purpose of the Cart2Quote module is to enrich Magento with a complete quotation manager. With Cart2Quote users can create quotes in the Magento front-end or backend and manage the complete quotation process and at the end convert it to an order.
- Allow visitors to add products to a quote cart
- Convert the quote cart to a normal cart
- Send a proposal request to the store owner or administrator
- Enable “add to quote” buttons per product
- Enable “add to quote” button globally
- Enable “add to quote” buttons per store view or website
- Specify the visibility of buttons in the Magento grid/list view
- Configure the visibility of the “add to quote” buttons on the product page
- Cart2Quote supports all Magento product types
- Enter custom prices per product
- Enter comments in a proposal
- Enter comments per product
- Add or delete products from the quote request
- Convert a quote request to an order using the admin panel
- Notify users by email with proposed quote
- Let users convert quotes to orders and order them in real-time